Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bento No.10

It's the tenth bento today. I don't really have much idea to do the next bento. It's very hard to prepare food that he can easily nibble at and the food can be kept until afternoon tea at around 4pm.


I gave him a pandan mantou (chinese steamed bun) with butter spread today. The mantou has a fierce face with sharp teeth. I got this idea from a bento blog and thought I wanna try it out. So, no smiley face in his bento today.

I also gave him cincau (grass jelly) which are cut into aeroplane and car shapes. When I cut the cincau, I was thinking "hmm, next time I could use this way to teach my kids about the types of vehicles and other things like animals, numbers and alphabets. For example, if they learn A, B and C during that week, I will then cut the food into those alphabets to help them to refresh what they've learnt when they eat their food". Can this make learning more fun?

I also included a few edamame skewers for him. There isn't any fruits in his bento today because he finished all the fruits that I cut last night! I only had two bites on a piece of apple. This morning, I didn't have much time to cut him fruits because I woke a bit late >_< I wanted to give him more cincau because the weather is so hot and cincau is thought to have the cooling properties but I just don't have bigger food cup. I need to buy bigger food cups. I just realized the wheel on the car shaped cincau was misplaced a bit after i transferred the photo to my laptop :)

No comments:

Post a Comment