Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"I want eyes"

After seeing hubby loved the bento I made for him so much, I then make another one for him today. I am not sure my passion for making bento will last how long but at least it keeps me busy for now.


In his first bento, I put a pair of eyes on each of the sausages with nori. But I didn't make any eyes on his sushi in this second bento. He insisted he wanted eyes and he dug in the kitchen for some herbs and made those eyes and noses/mouths himself. Acted like a kid. I guess he's my big kid now whom I have to take care of.

This is my first time making sushi. So I just made the easiest sushi from the ingredients I had in the fridge.

My big kid starts to request that he wants this he wants that in his tomorrow's bento. =_=" By the way, he just bought me those bento-making tools online last night. So I have no excuses not making him bentos then :) Okay, I'll try my best.

Bento actually means lunch box in japanese but I'm making him this for his tea time. So I shall not call it bento. Hmm, snack box? Well, let's just call it bento. Easier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment