Friday, April 23, 2010

Boxing Chickens

I packed boxing chickens in hubby’s bento today. He’s surprised to know that I’ve prepared him boxing chickens because I always nag him for eating too much meat. But since he hasn’t been eating fast food like KFC and burgers, it’s fine to give him two little chicken drummettes.

Big Kid: Har, you give me boxing chickens ar?
Me: Yes!
Big Kid: You’re so good to me.
Me: ...
Big Kid: You always don’t want me to eat meat but now you’re giving me boxing chickens. You really treat me so good.
Me: ... (Did he mean I was bad all the while when I was just concern about his eating habit?)

I know he loves to eat boxing chickens and I didn’t make him the deep fried ones because firstly, I think that is too oily and secondly, I’m just a beginner in cooking and I don’t like to deep fry. The drummettes would probably end up frying me (>_<) So, it’s safer to pan fry the drummettes, haha!

Boxing chickens, broccolis and some fruits

Bak Kut Teh noodle

I separated the noodles from the soup after the noodles were cooked because hubby’s still taking his own sweet time in the shower. I poured in the soup when I thought he should be out from shower but he’s a bit slow. The noodles soaked up the soup a little but he said the noodles weren’t too soft. Just nice!

Few days ago,  I read in newspaper that instant noodles are bad for health. I always know that instant noodles are no good for the health because they aren’t packed with nutrients and there’s too much MSG in that small packet of ingredients. Moreover, we all know that instant noodles are coated with wax so that the noodles do not stick to one another.

Knowing that there aren’t any nutrients in instant noodles but only flour and fats, I added some broccolis and mushrooms. However, I forgot the important step to remove the wax which is harmful to our body! I read about the right way to cook instant noodles but did I just forget about it or I ignore it?

We should cook the noodles in a pot of boiling water and boil another new pot of water at the same time. When the noodles are cooked, throw away that pot of boiling water which contains the wax and put the noodles into the new pot of boiling water and turn off the gas. Then, add in the packet ingredients. I just googled and found that it takes at least 3 days for our body to digest the noodles coated with wax and consuming too much of them can cause cancer.

OMG! What did I just give my hubby for breakfast? I will not be lazy again to take the necessary steps to stay healthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment